Showing posts with label Shah. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Shah. Show all posts

Monday, 30 June 2014

Shah says Khan’s ‘long march’ can derail entire system





ISLAMABAD: Opposition leader in the National Assembly Syed Khursheed Shah has expressed reservations on the long march announced by Imran Khan, saying that it could derail the entire system, Geo News reported.

Speaking to media here, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader advised Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to take all the political parties into confidence in the prevailing situation.

Khursheed Shah said: “There is contradiction in the stance of Tahirul Qadri. He does not believe on election, while PPP wants stability of the democratic institutions”.
He said Qadri and Chaudhry Shujaat had invited PPP to attend All Parties Conference (APC), however, his party decided not to participate in it.

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Model Town tragedy: Sanaullah, Shah granted 4 days to record statements





LAHORE: Former Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah and former Principal Secretary Tauqir Shah appeared before the tribunal formed to probe the Model Town tragedy on Thursday.

Sanullah and Shah requested to be provided four days to record their statements before the inquiry tribunal. The one-member inquiry tribunal headed by Justice Ali Baqir Najafi granted Sanaullah and Shah four days to record their statements.

Justice Najafi said Sanaullah and Shah should record their statements by Monday, adding that they could be summoned again if the need arose.

The inquiry tribunal resumed its probe into the tragedy on Thursday. Sanullah, Shah along with Chief Secretary Punjab and Inspector General Police Punjab appeared before the tribunal.
The former provincial law minister was surrounded by parliamentarians, lawyers and PML-N workers when he arrived to appear before the tribunal.

Friday, 13 June 2014

Qaim Ali Shah presents Rs686 billion outlay Sindh budget





KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah on Friday presented budget proposals for the fiscal year 2014-15. During his budget speech in the Sindh Assembly, he said that outlay of the budget would be Rs686 billion.

The Sindh government has announced 40,000 job opportunities in financial year 2014-15. Shah said that Pakistan Peoples Party government had created 200,000 jobs in last 6 years.

He said that in the new budget more jobs would be created for poor and jobless citizens of the province as it is the priority of PPP to provide maximum number of jobs to people.

The chief minister said that Sindh didn't get its share of royality on account of gas infrastructure. He said that salaries of the Sindh government employees had been increased by 10 percent in the budget.
He said 168 billion rupees have been proposed for the development projects of the province in the budget. Shah said that Rs42 had been allocated for the development budget of Karachi.

Thursday, 12 June 2014

Shah says government’s tenure should be 4 years





ISLAMABAD: Opposition leader in the National Assembly, Khursheed Shah said on Thursday that people considered the five year government tenure lengthy.

Speaking to the media, Shah said in his personal opinion an amendment should be added to the constitution and the tenure should reduced to four years.

Khursheed Shah added that the government wanted the courts to decide the fate of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf.

Shah further said the government should not try to stop Dr Tahirul Qadri from coming to Pakistan.
 

Sunday, 4 May 2014

Shah stresses on freedom of media



SUKKUR: Opposition leader in the National Assembly (NA) Syed Khursheed Shah has stressed on the freedom of media, saying that ban on any channel is not good practice, Geo News reported.

Speaking to media at Sukkur airport here Sunday, Shah said Imran Khan used to support Geo News in the past, however, Khan’s agenda has changed now. He questioned why Khan was opposing Geo at this time.

The opposition leader said the pain of the MQM was their pain and it was not good to have difference over small issues. He added it was better to resolve the issues amicably.

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Shah Rukh Khan begins work on Fan

Shah Rukh Khan begins work on Fan
Shahrukh Khan, the man unarguably with one of the greatest fan following globally, will now play the role of being the biggest fan himself in the forthcoming YRF movie, Fan. The film begins shooting July 2014 and the actor has begun work on the film. The renowned special effects makeup maestro, Greg Cannom, who started work on developing Shahrukh’s look for the film, spent considerable time at the Studio recently with the actor, Director, Maneesh Sharma and Producer, Aditya Chopra.
Greg, who really doesn’t need an introduction, has been nominated for nine Academy Awards and has won an Oscar three times for the memorable looks he created in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008), “Mrs. Doubtfire” (1993) and “Dracula” (1992), apart from several other prestigious awards. In 2005, along with Wesley Wofford, he received a Technical Achievement Award from the Academy for the development of special modified silicone material used for makeup applications in motion pictures.
Speaking about the look, Maneesh said, “We are attempting a never-seen before look for Shahrukh which will be both challenging for us and exciting for the viewer. Understandably, this will be kept under wraps till the first look of the film is revealed.”
Directed by Maneesh Sharma and produced by Aditya Chopra, FAN has been written by Habib Faisal, and goes on floor mid-2014.

Saturday, 22 March 2014

Shah Rukh Khan-Katrina Kaif to team up again?


Shah Rukh Khan-Katrina Kaif to team up again?
Shah Rukh Khan-Katrina Kaif
 
Bollywood diva Katrina Kaif is all set to be paired with Shah Rukh Khan again for a film. According to the latest buzz, the 'Dhoom 3' actress has bagged the lead role in Shah Rukh-starrer 'Raees'. This is the second time the leggy lass will be paired with Bollywood's badshah after their hit flick 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'.

A Mid-Day report says that Katrina was in talks with filmmakers regarding the role. It seems that she has given her approval for the film. After completing her shoot with Hrithik Roshan for Bang Bang, Katrina will be doing Jagga Jasoos opposite Ranbir Kapoor. She will then start shooting for Raees.

Sources also reveal that since the actress did not have any other film except Bang Bang and Jagga Jasoos, a film with SRK will give her career a necessary boost. While Katrina refused to be a part of the film, director Rahul Dholakia remained unavailable.

Recently Raees was in news when it was reported that Nawazuddin Siddiqui replaced Farhan Akhtar in the film.

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Amitabh Bachchan meets Arvind Kejriwal, Amit Shah

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan was recently in Delhi where he attended a convention with a number of political leaders including Arvind Kejriwal and Amit Shah. The actor was all smiles when he got together with Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal for the cameras. (Photo: Amitabh Bachchan official blog)

Farhan Akhtar opts out of Shah Rukh starrer

imageAccording to India Today Bollywood actor-producer Farhan Akhtar will no longer be sharing screen space with superstar Shah Rukh Khan in his forthcoming home production ‘Raees’.
Akhtar, who was supposed to play the role of a police inspector in the film, opted out of the project due to date issues.
The 40-year-old actor had committed himself to Bejoy Nambiar’s next film, in which he will be appearing alongside Amitabh Bachchan.
Moreover, the production on ‘Raees’ has been postponed from September to October due to SRK’s recent injury on the sets of ‘Happy New Year’.
The film will be directed by Rahul Dholakia and produced by Excel Entertainment.