Showing posts with label Zarb-e-Azb. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Zarb-e-Azb. Show all posts

Monday, 30 June 2014

Zarb-e-Azb: Ground operation begins in Miranshah





RAWALPINDI: The Pakistan Army has started the ground operation in and around Miranshah after evacuation of the civilian population. The army has started a house to house search in Miranshah which is being carried out by infantry troops and special service group.


An ISPR press release said 15 terrorists had been killed in the ground offensive while troops have recovered underground tunnels and IED preparation factories inside. Three soldiers were injured in an exchange of fire.

Terrorist concentrations continue to be targeted by artillery fire, tanks and other heavy weapons in Mir Ali and other areas of North Waziristan.
Since the start of Zarb-e-Azb on June 15, 376 terrorists have been killed while 19 have surrendered to security forces. The Pakistan military has destroyed 61 terrorist hideouts while 17 soldiers embraced martyrdom.

Zarb-e-Azb: North Waziristan IDPs persistently face difficulties





BANNU: The internally displaced persons (IDPs) of North Waziristan who left their houses due to the on-going military operation against the terrorists are constantly facing difficulties, Geo News reported on Monday.

A large number of displaces families are still devoid of ration provided by the government while the month of Ramzan is another test of their patience. Thousands of IDPs reach the Sports Complex in Bannu to receive the daily supplies but they remain empty handed as they had not been provided with the ration card that could entitle them to receive the provisions.

Expressing their disappointment with the prevalent situation, the displaced families told that they are being treated unjustly.

It may be mentioned that the IDPs are fasting for the second day today and according to the affected families, they broke their fast with water on the first day as they did not have anything to eat.
The displaced persons also staged a protest against the administration during which they observed a sit-in at Bannu-Kohat road and blocked the traffic for one hour.

Zarb-e-Azb: 16 more terrorists eliminated, 7 hideouts smashed





MIR ALI: At least 16 more terrorists were killed in fresh air strikes of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) jets in the outskirts of Mir Ali, North Waziristan on Sunday.

According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), PAF jets pounded militants hideouts in the outskirts of Mir Ali, killing 16 terrorists and destroying 7 of their hideouts.

An explosive dump of the militants was also eliminated in the air strikes.

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Five militants killed in operation Zarb-e-Azb





PESHAWAR: At least five militants were killed and six hideouts were destroyed as the Pakistan Army continued its assault in North Waziristan on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the health workers administered polio vaccine to children’s of Internally Displaced Persons from the tribal area.

Health workers have been working to administer polio drops in the far-flung areas since Wednesday.

A Ration Point has also been established on Bannu Kohat road where the IDPs were getting food items.

Friday, 20 June 2014

Zarb-e-Azb: 232 militants killed, 8 security men martyred so far




PESHAWAR: Over 232 militants have been killed during military operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan, Geo News reported.

This was unveiled during a briefing to PM Nawaz Sharif, who visited Corps Headquarters Peshawar here on Friday.

Nawaz Sharif was informed that 232 terrorists have been killed and 20 militant hideouts have been destroyed so far during the operation.

Eight security men were martyred while seven others wounded in Zarb-e-Azb.

Earlier, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif visited Corps Headquarters Peshawar and laid a floral wreath at Yadgar-e-Shohada.

PM Nawaz also offered special prayer (Duaa) for the eternal peace of the Shohada (martyrs).

Upon arrival at Corps Headquarters, PM Nawaz was received by Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif and Corps Commander Peshawar Lt. Gen. Khalid Rabbani.

Governor Khyber Pakthunkhwa Sardar Mahtab Ahmad Khan, Chief Minister Pervez Khattak, Minister for Defence Khawaja Asif and Federal Minister for SAFRON also accompanied the Prime Minister.
 

Monday, 16 June 2014

COAS visits corps headquarters, briefed on Zarb-e-Azb





RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif has emphasized that all terrorists along with their sanctuaries must be eliminated without any discrimination.

According to an Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release the COAS visited Corps Headquarters Peshawar on Monday where he was given a detailed briefing on the progress of Operation Zarb-e-Azb.

The ISPR adds, that the Army Chief expressed his satisfaction over the preparation and progress of the operation so far, adding that the operation is not targeted against our valiant tribes of North Waziristan but against the terrorists holed up in the Agency who have picked up arms against the state of Pakistan.

IDP Management
Additionally, the COAS directed all concerned to undertake special measures towards diligent management of IDPs in coordination with the relevant civilian agencies.
The Army Chief reiterated that with the support of the nation, operation Zarb-e-Azb will be concluded successfully and comprehensively.

Section 144 imposed in Sindh in light of Zarb-e-Azb : Memon



KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon announced on Monday that section 144 is being imposed across the province.

The information minister added that the decision has been taken in light of the operation Zarb-e-Azb being carried out in North Waziristan.

Memon further added that the Chief Minister and Governor Sindh will hold meetings with political leaders to take them into confidence over the decision so that parties do not hold rallies, that terrorists may take advantage of.